Office of Information Technology
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is responsible for providing leadership, coordination and consultation in the many collaborative administrative, academic, network infrastructure, and other IT projects across the 45 colleges, universities and technology centers that make up the State College and University System of Tennessee. OIT delivers comprehensive technology services and solutions to the institutions in the system that serve a wide variety of mission-critical functions. OIT develops, implements, and maintains technology services that serve our constituents in the following areas:
- Improved administrative business processes, functions, and services
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) and a unified digital campus (UDC)
- Information access for decision support, institutional performance management and regulatory reporting
- Reduction of data center and other IT costs through new technology and collaborative purchasing and IT operations
- High speed networking that increases access to higher education and facilitates research, collaboration, and communication among all students, faculty, staff, and researchers
Additonally, OIT works closely with the campuses in the develpment of policy and guidelines for system-wide IT governance as well as the Office of Administration and Facilities Develpment in monitoring compliance of legislation that impacts TBR institutions.